Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wonderful Experience with GPA 6-2014 !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LowOhms's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2012
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Posts
    516
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wonderful Experience with GPA 6-2014 !!!

    A week and a half ago, I spoke to GPA's Bill H. on the phone, about ordering some stock ALTEC 16 Ohm Aluminum Diaphrahms ( #34582 ) for my 802-8D drivers. Bill suggested I send them in for a "free remag" and I asked him " How long must I wait for it". His answer was " One day in the shop".

    Bill picked up my drivers at his post office on Monday, and GPA did the following :

    a) Re-Magnetized the units, cleaned the gaps

    b) Re-glued a label that had peeled half-ways off

    c) Installed new #34582 Aluminum diaphrams

    d) Converted to NO loading caps

    He Fed EXed it back to me on Tuesday !!

    By Wednesday of this week, I had the re-worked, restored drivers back at my office !!!

    I think this was exceptionally good.

    These re-done 802s go on top of a pair of 515Bs in a A-7 -800-16 set of speakers I am building for my own use. Thank you Bill H.

    May I suggest to other Forum Members, put off no longer ( I had stalled for 24 months ) getting your ALTEC drivers repaired to factory fresh standards !!! You will be glad you did. Outstanding.

    Jeff Medwin

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Wonderful Experience with GPA 6-2014 !!!


    Alien_Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    750
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Wonderful Experience with GPA 6-2014 !!!

    thanks for the review.
    I'm going to send in my 416s for recones. I've been debating to do that or keep them original (with slight VC rubs) for higher resale, but at this point GPA recones of the old girls will probably be higher value in the long run.
    - Mike

  3. #3
    HB Super Moderator
    Wonderful Experience with GPA 6-2014 !!!


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Wonderful Experience with GPA 6-2014 !!!

    No hesitation gentlemen...Bill does outstanding work.. All my recones I have had done there came back sounding Fabulous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.